Introducing the new Dragonfly Freewing™. The Freewing is a handheld wing for wing-surfers and wing-foilers. This new wing is at the vanguard of an exciting new windsports paradigm. Un-cluttered, un-burdened by spars, and un-tethered, the lightweight wings are free to move in any direction or desired orientation.
Introducing the new Dragonfly Freewing. The Freewing is a handheld wing for wing-surfers and wing-foilers. This new wing is at the vanguard of an exciting new windsports paradigm. Uncluttered, unburdened by spars, and untethered, the lightweight wings are free to move in any direction or desired orientation.
Evolution: The Freewing has just emerged from our intensive development and testing phase, and is now available to the public in a limited first production run. Our international team of designers and testers has literally been working around the clock (and in multiple timezones) designing, building, and testing the prototypes and early iterations of the Freewing concept.
Freewing Concept: Our design concept is to have a Wing with the simplicity of an inflatable kite, that must be portable for travel and for expeditions. It should be very quick to deploy. It should have (*the option of) no spars or bars, so it can be lightweight, safe, and pack down small. It must perform well and be easy to use. And, it can be used on any medium; Water, Land, Snow, or Ice.
Freewing applications: Freewings can be used on SUP boards, Windsurf boards, Large Surfboards, Foilboards, Landboards, Snowboards, Snow-skis, Ice skates, rollerskates, and more.
- Inflatable No-Spar design: Easy, light, and safe.
- Dihedral Wing Design aids stability and handling.
- Single Point Inflation: Hiflo 2-way Valve, with an isolating clip on the strut hose.
- Center-strut: the center strut is much more than a hand-hold, it is an integral part of the wing’s structure, stabilizing the canopy without the need for battens.
- Strut Junction: The center strut’s junction with the LE gives the Freewing wing its superior torsional strength, it also adds to the wing’s overall rigidity without needing to add a heavy boom.
- The center strut also adds up to 24 liters extra buoyancy for easier relaunching and added safety.
- Hi-Viz Window: The Freewing Features 2 large windows in the canopy so you can see where you are going, should you need to negotiate traffic, avoid hazards, or when you want to look down the line at the wave walling up in front of you.
- Removable handle system: 8 Adjustable and removable handles can adjust to the desired size for different riders and ride styles.
- Webbing track: Our first-of-its-kind innovation is a “multi-point webbing system” that allows a huge range of handle placement options. Handles can be configured and positioned according to each fliers preference, and because the “ideal handle setup” actually changes with each different wind-speed, and new ride mode.
- Adjustable handles are better than having fixed handles: Velcro Removable handles can be adjusted for size and can be repositioned, they can also be added or removed as needed. The wing can be “reconfigured” with various upgrade options.
Future-proofing & upgrade options: As fliers expand their skill sets, they may want the option of adding a boom spar. This *option can be added to any Freewing (*soon to be released boom-spar). Also, SUP tourers have the option of incorporating their Paddles with the Freewing’s already built-in ladder-strap system.
Construction: Freewings are built using the industry’s best-proven materials and construction methods. Wings are not Kites and have to be self-supporting and inherently tougher. Our wings are specially reinforced and engineered to meet the real-world demands of wing-surfing. Windows are made from forgiving clear PVC, that have proven strength and longevity.
Sizing and Specs: The Freewing now comes in 2 Sizes, the 3m, and the 4m. Please note that the unique design of the Frewing gives it a high “Projected Area” relative to the “Measured Area”. Which means that a 4m wing will have a similar projected area to a 6m kite. The ideal size wing will vary according to your bodyweight, wind conditions, and ride mode. Generally, any Foilcraft (like SUP-foiler for example) will require less power than traditional planing boards.
Wing Kit: Each wing kite includes; 1 Freewing, 8 removable handles, 1 backpack style carry-bag, 1 bladder patch kit, 1 spare valve O-ring, 1 full-size air-pump, hose, tips.
Release Date: Dragonfly Freewings will be available from June 1st, 2019, pre-order yours now. https://dragonflykiteboarding.com
Due to high initial demand we have a growing waiting list for New Wings, so if you are interested, please contact us ASAP.